Monday, April 7, 2008





Pictured here are some of the photos of sculpey mockettes I've come up with for the sketches from the previous posts. I haven't decided, but I will probably paint them.
The one at the top left I call monolith, and I think I will add to it before I call it a complete idea.
The others are the "wingspan" idea in 3-d. I would like this large enough that people could walk under it easily (without ducking), and maybe use as a doorway. I'm really racking my brain about what materials to use to keep this eco-friendly. There are the classics: recycled glass, salvaged or reclaimed steel. But I'm thinking maybe saw dust held together with casein (a natural resin). I don't have any experience with casein, but if it acts like other resins, there will need to be a support skeleton to handle the weight. Another is scrap fabric, used clothes and whatnot to create it as a soft sculpture, but it wouldn't have the same dramatic "sagging" happening, and the longevity is cut dramatically.

1 comment: