Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New Painting: Drips



This piece was just me playing around with gouahe. I dripped some colored gouache-water onto the clayboard and let it dry, knowing it would form these blobs with a dark outline. Then I proceeded to fill in the blobs with different colors to similate light (pink) and shadow (blue). Though not the most conventional of color choices they plesently form this 3D look to the blobs. I added in layers of purples and white to control the form of the blobs a bit more, but also to practice mixing and blending on the surface of the piece. (Gouache doesn't like that too much.) At the very end, I added globs of white paint on the outside of each blob to see if it would emphasize the 3D-ness more. (It's hard to see in the photo) The background is the raw clayboard surface, a gray-white. This piece is another of those 4x4 inch squares.

I would hope I mentioned this before, but it would bear repeating anyway. The works paintings shown are available for purchase. There are also other works listed on my website for sale. (www.sylasstudios.com) Feel free to contact me with any questions about it.

No comments: