Thursday, April 3, 2008

Hey! and welcome to my blog.


So this is my first entry... I should start I guess by describing what's happening in my life right now. I am an emerging artist trying to head into that mid career phase. I'm finding there is this delicate balance that I haven't quite reached (yet) between getting the word out about myself and making artwork in the first place. So as a resolve I'm looking to use this as a little of both. I hope to post on here frequently if not daily, and plan to use this blog to unveil new work, display sketches. If this is your first look at my blog or my work, take a look at my website:

The image here is a drawing in Ball point pen, one of my favorite mediums to use. It keeps a fine point, it doesn't smear, it's cheap to use, and very portable. I started drawing in my sketchbooks in ink because pencil always smeared after a while, even with fixative. This drawing was the first of eight artworks I made which I call Geometric Composition series.

No comments: