Thursday, May 13, 2010

Banana ring Part 2

       So I did a mock up in silver and copper to play with making the banana form.  It turned out pretty well.  Bare in mind that I did not nor will be polishing file or even sand the silver so it is very rough.
     Shown here are several different views of the mock up.  There are some things to be said up front.... The copper part is too thick, and the point of the peel is sloppy.  My goal with this was to make sure the spiculum shape was big enough and long enough to give the peel the right shape.  I'm pretty happy with it and furthermore, the process gave me the information I needed to proceed with the gold.  The gold one will definately take a little longer since it's much harder than silver.  That means a few more hours of hammering versus the silver.

No comments: