Friday, June 14, 2013

What's happening update

So I graduated last month from Claremont Graduate University (CGU) with my MFA.  Now that school is over I am hurrying to make the most of my school studio before they kick us out to make room for incoming students.  Simultaneously, I am improving my garage, and building a shed in the backyard to create a studio and display space there.

Out in the world of Los Angeles, I have taken on the project LGT! which will be presenting group exhibitions of myself and other fantastic people kamikaze style (aka pop-up gallery).  Two shows are in the works, and once details are finalized, I will post it here too.
Check out LGT on Facebook too:
https://www.facebook.com/LGTArt

I have been applying to residencies, grants, and calls for shows and proposals left and right.  And the suspense is killing me.  I won't be hearing back from anything for at least a few weeks, and sometimes longer. 

I now have a website:
jacquelinebelljohnson.com

...but you can also still see goings on on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/JacquelineBellJohnson

I will be involved in Curator Jennifer Frias' project Crit Sessions, along with performance artist Takeshi Kanemura, and painter Dan Taulapapa McMullin at the studios at CGU in late June.  This event through collected documentation and artwork will eventually culminate in a group show with Takeshi and Dan.

Be sure to check back for more!

No comments: