Monday, April 27, 2009

Pink tourmaline & Peridot Crusade

So I got some pics for you all to see the match I landed on these 2 custom projects. I found a perfect match to the pink tourmaline earrings for one client (stone shown here), which will serve as the pendant. It is about the same size. I have tried to find bigger while following criteria of color, clarity, and cut; but no luck. Second pic shows all three together with my fingers in there to give you idea of scale. (Those teardrops on the left are another earring project I'm working on)

The third image here is showing all the peridot being used for the second client. I'm making a full set of earrings, ring, and necklace. The stone to the top right is a true cushion cut with those checkerboard facets on the top and bottom. The top left is almost a mine cut on top and cusion elsewhere. Mine cut meaning the stone has a lot of facets on the top supporting a very high table (flat part). The cut actually makes the stone a little more sparkly in my opinion and also more noticable if damaged. Therefore will be putting that one in the pendant, and leaving the cushion cut in the ring.


Stone sitting (temporarily) in bezel a top raised silver which will soon become her pendant. My fingers again are here for scale. Nothing is soldered yet, but wanted to illustrate how it will look. Note on all the stones: they tend to appear darker in the bezels right now because they are not set. They are just sitting in the bezels and haven't been sanded down all the way either, so they cast a bit of a shadow.




No comments: